SEPA Direct Debit
A Direct Debit is a payment instruction provided by a client (Payer) to the creditor organisation/service provider (Payee) in the form of a Direct Debit Mandate. The Direct Debit allows the Payer's bank to debit the Payer's account for variable or fixed amounts claimed by the Payee at predefined regular intervals. The main difference between a standing order and a Direct Debit is that a standing order is arranged by the Payer and is for a fixed amount, whereas a Direct Debit is specified and collected directly by the Payee for an amount which might not be known in advance.
The SEPA Direct Debit scheme is a pan-European service introduced by the European Payments Council (EPC) which allows clients to pay for goods or services throughout the entire SEPA area (EU, Norway, Iceland, Lichtenstein and Switzerland) using a standardized Direct Debit product, easily, securely and efficiently.
If you want to set up a Direct Debit for payment of your utility bills, insurance premiums, taxes etc. you should provide a SEPA Direct Debit Mandate to the Payee directly. SEPA Direct Debits are processed by the Bank according to SEPA Direct Debit Scheme Rulebook published by the EPC. The SEPA Direct Debit Scheme Rulebook, detailed information, terms, rights and responsibilities can be found on EPC website http://www.europeanpaymentscouncil.eu.
- A simple means of paying regular bills, taxes, insurance premiums etc. without the risk of late or missed payments;
- SEPA Direct Debit is only available for EURO settlements. Both the Payee and Payer must hold an account in Euro with a financial institution located in the SEPA area;
- Terms and Conditions for SEPA Direct Debit payments are standardized across all SEPA countries;
- SEPA Direct Debits are regulated by SEPA Direct Debit Scheme Rulebook for handling rejected, returned and refunded SEPA Direct Debit Collections;
- You can choose to disable your accounts for payments against SEPA Direct Debits by filling in a special form in one of the Bank's branches, in which case the Bank will reject all received SEPA Direct Debits;
- If you do not agree with the SEPA Direct Debit processed from your account, you can claim a refund of the relevant amount within the time limits prescribed in the SEPA Direct Debit Scheme Rulebook;
- Payments within SEPA Direct Debit are executed free of charge.
|Commissions and charges||Creation or amendment of SEPA Direct Debit||Execution of SEPA Direct Debit||Failed execution (e.g. insufficient funds)|
|RCB Classic package (individual clients)||5 EUR||Free||4 EUR|
|RCB Gold package (individual clients)||Free||Free||4 EUR|