13.04.2017RCB Bank Ltd holiday schedule
10.04.2017RCB Bank Ltd General Terms and Conditions Update
10.04.2017RCB Bank offers support to multiple sclerosis patients
Card transaction security
3D Secure service provides maximum protection against unauthorized use of the Visa card when making online payments. This additional feature is free of charge and is available to all Visa cardholders of RCB Bank Ltd.
When shopping online through a merchant’s website that supports 3D Secure technology, the cardholder is prompted for a one-time password which is sent to his/her mobile by RCB via SMS. The mobile number used for SMS-notifications is the one registered for the SMS-Notice service in RCB. SMS-Notice service can be activated/updated in person at any of the Bank’s branches or via RCB Telephone Banking.
The 3D Secure service provides an additional security layer for online payments and ensures the cards are not used without authorization.
How to process online payments via websites supporting 3D Secure technology:
1. Enter your card details in the payment window.
2. You will be automatically redirected to the secure website of RCB Bank Ltd https://acs.rcbcy.com/. At the same time, the Bank will send you a one-time password via SMS (the password remains valid for 3 minutes).
3. Enter the password in a designated window on the Bank’s website. If the password was not entered correctly, the Bank will forward a new password to you via SMS.
4. Once the password is entered successfully, you will be redirected back to the merchant’s website in order to complete the payment process.
If the password was not entered correctly 3 times in a row, you will not be able to pay with your Visa card on any merchant’s website supporting 3D Secure. In the meantime, the card can be used for any other transactions including withdrawal of cash through ATM, purchasing of goods and services via POS-terminals etc. In order to reactivate 3D Secure, you will need to contact RCB Telephone Banking.
Please note that online payments via websites that do not support 3D Secure service are processed in a standard way and do not require a one-time password.
3D Secure technology is offered to the Visa cardholders under the “Verified by VISA” global program. The following logo is usually displayed on the websites participating in the program:
- Before signing a point-of-sale terminal receipt or entering your PIN, always check the card transaction amount and all data provided on the receipt.
- If you have lost or forgotten your PIN, please contact the Bank and your card will be replaced. Check your monthly statement regularly. If you find any discrepancies, please contact the Bank.
- We advise you to register for the SMS Notice service, so that you can obtain timely notification of card transactions and permanently monitor the state of your account.
- If you receive a message about a transaction that you have not authorized, or you suspect that the card or some of its details have been compromised, please call RCB Telephone Banking immediately, using the telephone number shown on the reverse of your card, and, if necessary, block the card.
- Keep your card and your PIN separate and please do not write your PIN number on the card.
- You should never disclose your PIN to third parties, including family, friends, employees of the Bank, cashiers or other individuals.
- If you need to enter your PIN in order to perform a transaction, please enter it in such a way as to ensure that no one sees the number (use your hand to cover the keypad of the ATM or terminal).
- Please do not use your PIN when ordering goods and/or services online, or by telephone or fax.
- Do not hand your card to third parties. If the card bears an individual’s name and surname, only that individual has the right to use that card.
- In order to reduce the risk of unauthorized transactions, set daily limits for the card that do not exceed your daily requirements. If you need to carry out transactions involving large sums, you can always adjust your limit temporarily to allow you to pay the required amount during the required period.
- In the interests of security, restrictions apply when using your card in the USA and some countries within Asia and Africa. If you are planning to visit countries in these regions, please contact the Bank via RCB Telephone Banking in advance to learn about the restrictions in force. Upon your confirmation, an employee of the Bank will lift the restrictions from your card for the period of your travel.
These simple rules will enable you to significantly reduce the risk of the unauthorized use of your card, and will help you to monitor your card account more effectively:
What to do if your card is lost/stolen?
If your card is lost or stolen, contact the Bank as quickly as possible by calling RCB Telephone Banking, and request to block your card. We advise you to keep a record of the telephone number for RCB Telephone Banking provided on the reverse of your card.